Thursday, May 21, 2009

Best news tidbit ever!

I was on Blabbermouth today and I found this fantastic new story about guitar wizard Tim Millar from Protest The Hero

Protest The Hero Guitarist Competing In World Beard And Moustache Championship

Tim Millar's big day has finally arrived. Millar, guitarist of Canadian metal powerhouse Protest the Hero, has been growing his beard for three years in hopes of competing in the 2009 World Beard and Moustache Championships. This Saturday, May 23, the Championships will be held in Anchorage, Alaska and Millar will be competing in the "Alaskan Whaler" category.

Although Tim recently ranked #19 in Metal Hammer magazine's "Best Beards in Metal" feature, he tentatively plans to shave the whole thing off when he returns home.

"I'd like to raise money for Locks of Love, a charity that makes wigs for cancer patients under 18," he says. "Even though they won't accept a beard hair donation, I'm cutting off and donating my hair and if I can raise enough money through the Beard Team Canada site, I'll also shave off my beard after the competition and start fresh for 2011. It's for a good cause and if we raise enough money, I'll reveal my chin that has been hiding for the last three years. I'm sure you're all curious to see if I really do have a chin."

No comments:

Post a Comment