Saturday, May 9, 2009

Stuff I read this week

Faith No More have announced a show at London’s Brixton Academy, the venue of their now monumental live album. They’ll play on June 10th. One can pray for an Irish show at some stage…. one can pray.

Coldplay continue to be accused of plagiarism over “Viva La Vida”, this time by Cat Stevens. This is the third time the song has been accused, most notably by Joe Satriani. I’m sceptical of Stevens; if it is his melody then surely he’d try to sue Satriani. But then again Coldplay have more money….. (No legal action has been taken by Stevens at the moment, I’d like to add).
Judge it for yourself:


I’ve been listening to that comparison and I have to say there is a similarity, not as much Satriani’s “If I Could Fly”. It’ll be interesting to see how this one pans out.

Deftones bassist Chi Cheng, who was involved in a tragic car accident, last November, has been taken off life support and continues to recover. This is good news and I continue to wish him and his family the best.

Lynyrd Skynyrd bassist Donald “Ean” Evans has passed away after his battle with cancer. R.I.P

No comments:

Post a Comment