Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Between the Buried and Me detail new record

Prog metallers Between the Buried and Me have announced details of their album The Parallax II: Future Sequence, the follow-up to last year’s EP The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues. The album will land on October 8th via Metal Blade Records and the artwork is below. The band’s first pure concept album, Future Sequence’s tale began with the EP last year and will unfold on this new album. According to guitarist Paul Waggoner: “The two main characters of the story take on a journey through space and time with the unenviable task of having to cure the flaws of humanity by any means necessary.”

“While the EP served mostly as an introduction to the characters, Future Sequence contains the action of the story. The lyrics are written in the stream of consciousness style, which really helps to capture the perspective and emotion of the characters. We really enjoyed the challenge of writing this record, and I think we were all pleasantly surprised with how well the music and lyrics jived with one another. I couldn't be happier with how Future Sequence turned out.”

As bassist Dan Briggs put it a while back, “Musically, it’s hard to describe. I’m really excited and I feel like I could go on and on and on about it. It’s pretty wild, I’m pretty excited about it, I think it’s different.”


No comments:

Post a Comment